In this latest community focus we take a look at OneTrueNerd who is a YouTube content creator.
“Before I attempt to convince you that you should take a look at my YouTube channel that combines both my passion for technology and for Football I need to address the elephant in the room.
Hello folks, my name is Matt and I’m a Football Manager addict. In case you’re already questioning the ‘credentials’ of my so-called addiction, here are some noteworthy points from my FM career…
- Once witnessed Billy McKinley retire early as he desired to open his own pub on CM97.
- Ruined my A-Level results attempting to win the Champions League with Rovers, with an attack spearheaded by an evergreen 43-year-old Alan Shearer! (No editing here I promise! When he retired I replaced him with a relatively youthful Andre Shevchenkov!)
- Received an exorbitant £50m from Chelsea for Morten Gamst Pedersen on FM05, only to loan him back for the duration of his contract and sign him back on a free. Thanks for that Roman!
- Enjoyed successive promotions with Exeter City on FM09 until we were challenging for the Champions League, only for a hard drive failure to leave me wondering whether they could ever stand toe to toe with the big boys. In the same save I also paid my personal record transfer fee for a single player, £5.5m on Alvaro Negredo.
- Achieved promotion to the Premier League with Birmingham, Norwich, Exeter, Blackburn, Swansea, Barnsley, Rushden & Diamonds and Kettering Town over the years. There are also honourable mentions for progress I made with Gloucester City, Lewes and Leamington until the lure of managing at a higher level became too much to ignore.
- I’ve also had the odd holiday to the Netherlands (Zwolle), Germany (Darmstadt 93) and Portugal (Louletano) but it was never too long before I got home sick!
Now that’s out of the way, onwards! I launched my channel in late November 2015 after finally convincing myself that it would be a good idea to share my Football Manager escapades with the world-wide web.
If you hadn’t realised, I very much enjoy taking a club from out of the doldrums of the lower leagues, leading them to previously unfathomable success, all without spending very much! Think Arsene Wenger circa 1996-2000 just without the Frenchness or legitimate managerial experience.
The main focus on my channel at the moment is my long-term save with Blackburn Rovers, titled Return of the Rovers. I am attempting to, strangely enough, return Rovers back to the summit of the English footballing pyramid. As a Blackburn fan, this is something that seems very unlikely at time of writing! Once that’s in the bag I’m looking to surpass the achievements of Kenny Dalglish by sustaining that success and winning multiple titles whilst simultaneously taking the club onto Champions League glory. Even if we only manage to get through to the knockout stages we’ve already done more than Ray Harford could! Check the latest episode out here:
My future plans include launching the FM Wonderkid Hall of Fame, where I take a look at the Wonderkids of past FMs and see how they’re now rated within the game (if they haven’t retired), ultimately passing judgement on how right the FM researchers were! If you have any suggestions on a player that you think should be featured then please get in touch! You can catch the very brief trailer for that from this very link:
If I’ve tingled your FM-related taste buds and you like your Football Manager with a bit of humour (interspersed with occasional tactical know how) then come on over to my channel!
I upload a new video once a week, usually on a Sunday.
You can also follow me on twitter @OneTrueNerdUK